Thursday, April 10, 2008

Let's Get it on!

As I type this Marvin Gaye is expressin' that very sentiment. I suspect that he just might've been referring to a s-l-i-g-h-t-l-y different type of riding than I am..........but still, it seemed appropriate.

So...is Spring "here"? That seems to be the question of the week. It's "Spring" Break after all. (You can tell by the number of familiar faces we HAVEN'T seen 'round the shop this week!) We rode in shorts last weekend...even if I needed toe-covers and a wool beanie yesterday....and dammit...........it's TIME FOR IT TO BE SPRING!!!!!!!

So it is.

There, that's settled!

It's been a pretty good week for riding thus far - we had the first JDRF Training Ride last Sunday and had 23 riders! That's the biggest 1st Ride turnout EVER and bodes well for a great season for the Team. We're 64 strong @ the moment and there's still a few spots left for Death Valley and Asheville if you are still on the fence. I rode before work w/ Aaron and KP on Tuesday and Kelly and I did 36 yesterday in the wind and the chill. I'm lookin' forward to getting the 'cross bike and the ATB out this weekend for the GR BMX Track benefit race on Sunday - mostly 'cuz I' wanna ride my 'cross bike on the track! We're doi'nt he first official Friday Morning Bagel Run tomorrow and the Tuesday Night Ride commences as of next week so it might as well be Spring, that's all I'm saying.

A month from now I'll be in The Promised Land (Moab and Fruita) for a week of gnarly trail riding w/ buds DP and (hopefully!) FY. I can't wait! This'll be my 30th or so trip out there and I'm not any closer to being tired of the area than I was 20 some years ago. It has me in it's grip - hard - and I don't know that I'll ever get free. Or want to. Hopefully I can hang on 'til we can move out there sometime in the next 7-8 years!

Lotsa other stuff goin' on............I'm up to my ass in Holland Hundred planning, getting ready to host the MS 150 riders, doin' what I can to get the JDRF Ride Program up and rocking (when they ask me anyways!), trying to get Kelly and Greg trained up for the season, working on BIke Club stuff, trying to get some miles in.................and somewhere in there I'm supposed to run the shop, be Linda's husband, Kate and Sam's dad and remember my guitar and vocal parts for the band. no worries about being bored, that's for damnsure!

Still.............as my long-suffering spouse has made crystal clear on numerous occassions......no whining about self-inflected stress!*

Hard to argue w/ that. Besides...she's way smarter than me!

Later, MC

* "I'm addicted to stress that's the way that I get things done" Jim's Big Ego

No comments: