Wednesday, April 23, 2008

It happened Again, Dammit!

Hard to believe..........................

There we were, along the side of the road, fixxing a flat. (Yes, that's 3 rides in a row where I've been in that situation - helpin' someone w/ their bike problem. Maybe it's me?)

Just like on Sunday there were 3 of us. (My wife Lin on our tandem, person w/ flat tire and no tube, me)

Just like on Sunday we were all set....just finishing up.

Just like on Sunday a fellow cyclist rode by as if we weren't even there. This time it was a mature, fit gent w/ a full beard and a Carmichel Training System jersey.

Thanks for nothing, jackass!

Ironically............."nothing" is exactly what we needed - I had a tube, we were all set - all we needed from you was concern and camradre, both of which would've cost you NOTHING, not even time. (Speaking of time...he was goin' slow enough that even after we finished up and got rolling we passed him 2 intersections later, so he wasn't exactly goin' for a P.R.)

Yeah...I waved. (We were pulling out from a street crossing the one he was one, not overtaking him) Had we been comin' up from behind I probably wouldn't have been a big enough person to abstain from shouting "WE'RE OKAY, BUT THANKS FOR CHECKING ON US!" in his ear as we rolled by so it's probably just as well, huh?

This shit has to stop. And I'm not referring to having to stop for co-riders busted bikes. That's part of the deal, like waiting for folks off the back and taking your pulls @ the front.

Still...yesterday was a fine 2-ride day and that's a hard thing to spoil, even for a jackass w/ a personality disorder. We had a great ride in the AM, Ross, Da've, Pineapple J and I and then a HUGE turnout for the shop's Tuesday Night Ride. Good Lord...there musta been 45+ riders here! Lin and I were the leaders of the Red Group, we had 2 other tandems, a trailer-cycle and 3-4 other bikes. Way cool to see so many young'uns on the ride......be they on the back of a tandem, Trail-a-Bike or on their own.

I'm gonna do the Hutchin' Lake Loop this afternoon, we'll see who shows up. Tomorrow it's the morning ride, ditto of Friday, the Sprint Ride on Saturday and then the Pineapple BoB spring Classic on Sunday! Hoo-Haw! What a kick-ass week!

See you on (or off!) the road!

MC

Notice that I didn't mention Moab? (Well...almost anyways) Buddy DiD told me that I was sounding kinda obsessed.

1 comment:

ceningolmo said...

Wait? You're going to MOAB? When did this happen...why haven't you mentioned it? ;-)

Great ride yesterday morning...hopefully another good one this afternoon. I've already got 32 miles in today (Back and forth to work), so I'm hoping I can hang on for a long one tonight. But, hell, if this weather doesn't inspire me to keep going...nothins gonna!

Speaking of Pineapple J...and nicknames.

MC = short nickname
Da'Ve = short nickname (only one non-letter character longer than the real name)
Pineapple J = Much longer than just saying Jeff and therefore less practical for me. Perhaps if I knew the origin of the nickname I'd be more apt to use it.