Monday, September 17, 2007

TIME FOR 'CROSS!

What is it about cyclo-cross? It's painful as all hell, I totally suck at it, it involves running, which I prefer to a root canel, but just barely and ..........well.......did I mention that I suck at it?

Still............every time that Fall rolls around and we start gettin' the 'crossers out I realize that in some ways 'cross is my favorite time of year. There's something sweetly subversive about a 'cross bike. There you are........sittin' there as if you're on a road bike but you're lookin' for gnarly shit to ride over and through! It's like you're getting away with something, y'know? I love it.

I love rubbing embrocation on my legs and wearing shorts when I oughta be wearing knicks.

I love the scene........it's casual and serious at the same time. Some dudes are there w/ their new 2500 dolla CX'ers and then there's always some guy on an old Schwinn World Sport w/ flat pedals. (And all too often he's ahead of me!)

I love the sound of the cowbells and the crowd yelling "Hup Hup" as we roll past.

Besides...........you get to rub weird smelly Euro-goop on your shaved legs and no one thinks that you're weird...........how cool is that?!?!?

The 'cross season is well-and-truly underway 'round these parts, there were 2 races last weekend and from now on there wil be at least one every other weekend 'til it all wraps up here in H-Land on 12/8. If you've not checked it out................yaoughta!

All the details @ www.kisscross.com and www.tailwinds.net

Lots goin' on here @ Bike Central. I'm off to MT for the next JDRF Ride on Wed and then I'll be going straight to Vegas for the Interbike show from there. I'll try and post reports on the show every day or so.

Hard to believe that it's Showtime again! Man.......it's been a crazy season! Mostly good......but crazy for sure!

Gotta go...............talk at'cha later!
MC

No comments: