Thursday, September 06, 2007

Okay, this nonsense has got to stop!

I mean it! Either I'm a "Blog-guy" or I'm not, dammit! If I'm gonna have a Blog I'm gonna hafta do a helluva lot better job keepin' it fresh thatn I've been doing this summer. So......here goes:

It's been a full and challenging summer here at VCC. Theres' been plenty of biz (and thanks for that!) but an unprecedented amount of staff turnover and some other growing pains made for a summer that wasn't as stree-free as we'd like. Still...........a lot of cool stuff happened, we have some new riding buds, there's a lot of sweet new bikes out on the roads and trails and all in all.............'twas a great summer! Ted, Berger and Aaron got married, we got to meet and hang w/ Pea's main squeeze Ella, 12 Hours of Pando was a hoot, the Holland 100 was a monster success, we (sorta) got Velo Ventures up and runnin', the Velo Valeo Vixens Tri Team is a huge success, our fav pro racer had a helluva season in our 1st year of sponsoring her ( go Danielle!)..........the list of Cool Stuff goes on and on.

I was in Whitefish MT a coupla weeks ago doin' the first of the 3 Fall JDRF Rides w/ a 20 rider team from Herman Miller. What a blast! The ride was perfect, the team rode outta their minds, much Good was done, much $ raised to help put a whuppin' on Type 1 diabetes and the "goose bump moments" were plentiful, as always at one of these events. I gotta tell you.......being involved w/ JDRF has become a big part of my life and an ever-increasing part of who I am. It's such a pleasure and honor to be the Coach of the West Mich team. The next ride is Whitefish #2 in a coupla weeks.......I'll actually be the 'Bike Guy' this time 'round.........then the big Death Valley Ride in mid-October. Ted is ridin' DV as well, since his now wife Sarah is a 3 year vet of the program and his new step-daughter Sophie has Type 1 (as well as his In-laws!) Jeff will be in MT w/ us later this month.

Pardon me for mentioning this...........but you can help all 3 of us reach our fund-raising goals if you are so inclined. Itsa piece of cake...........go to ride.jdrf.org, hit "donate" and find any of us. (You gotta use "Michael" and "Theadore" if you're lookin' for me or Ted!) Thanks!

Grattan is done for the year. I f-i-n-a-l-l-y got my shit together and won the last race. We had our 1st cyclo-cross practice last night and I'm way psyched for 'cross! (I'll still suck @ it, but maybe a tiny bit less!?) ODRAM is this Saturday and we have 17 riders signed up for the Velo Ventures sag service. I'm leanin' towards the fixxie.......it'd be 60 miles longer than I've ever ridden a fixed gear (152) and I really wanna do it. I guess I hafta decide pretty dang soon, eh?

I go directly from Whitefish to the Interbike show in Vegas. Hopefully I'll have enough internet access to do nightly posts from the show.

Okay, enough for now. I promise to do a better job of keepin' this current. I have no idea why anyone would care to read it in the first place, frankly, but if yawanna...........it'll be fresh from now on!

Ride on!
MC

No comments: