Sunday, September 09, 2007

ODRAM!!!!!!

Man, what a blast! We had our first-ever Velo Ventures production yesterday as we took 15 "clients" (+ me!) up to the One Day Ride Across Michigan for 150 miles of 2 lane roads and (alas) headwinds from Montegue to Bay City. Jeff and Aaron took real good care of everyone as we worked our way across the state. 'Twas a full and long day..........we gathered here @ the shop @ 4:30 am for the trip up to Montague for the 6:30 start and between eatin' dinner near Bay City and way too much construction on I-75 we didn't get back here 'til just after midnight. Still.......we had a great group of riders, zero mechanicals or issues, everyone rode the entire distance, lunch was great and seeing the van waitin' for us for fill-ups or snacks every 25 miles was perfect. We'll do it again...............plus lots more!

I'm way pumped that we f-i-n-a-l-l-y have the Velo Ventures project off the ground! I was startin' to wonder if we ever would, y'know? It's a big part of where we want the shop to be in the future and even though ODRAM was a relatively small project the fact that it was such a raging success bodes well. Whew!

Damn...............I love a day when I just ride and ride and ride! It was nice not to feel that I was personally responsible for everyone too. Don't get me wrong.............I LOVE the JDRF gig but the rides are more "work" than "ride", y'know? yesterday I was just one of the pack. I dug it.

Hard to believe that I'm only 9 days away from headin west for the next JDRF Ride and then on to Vegas fpor the interbike show. Tons to do! We have lots of extra-cool bike projects goin' @ the moment.......Matt, Luke and Opal's Sevens, Maria, Bob and Frank's Gunnars, 3 Co-Motion tandems and a single...........plus all the regular stuff and an avalanche of "buying season" stuff. All of it needs lotsa baby-sitting.

I know............"whine whine blahblahblah." Fair enough, I'll shut up.

Legs feel pretty good for having 1.5 centuries in 'em. Lina dn I are gonna take the tandem over to the North Side to the Herman Miller JDRF team cook-out later today. That'll probably be plenty of riding!

Be safe!
MC

No comments: