Monday, September 07, 2009

How'd We Get From July to September!?!?!?!

I promised myself that I wasn't gonna start everyone of these w/ an apology so let's just agree that I'm late, I suck and move on, 'kay?

I'm in Whitefish MT @ the moment - Aaron & I flew out here 5 days ago to provide tech support for the 4th stop on the JDRF Ride to Cure 2009 World Tour. It went well and this is a remarkable place! We spent yesterday up in Glacier Nat'l Park (finally! It's my 5th time here in 3 years and my 1st visit) and I have a semi epic ride planned in my head for next September. We head home later today - and it'll be good to get there!

Last week Berger, my son Sam and I accompanied 45-some members of the West Michigan team to the 1st ever Ride to Cure in Killington VT. Awesomeness was observed breaking out there as well as we managed t o pull of the biggest Ride to Cure ever in wet, cold and challenging conditions. We drove over for that one, hauling a trailer fulla bikes and gear for the Bike Room. Another very cool place to be.......but not as cool as here!

So - things settle down on the JDRF front for a bit - until the ride in Death Valley in mid-October. 'Tween now and then we have the Interbike show in 2 weeks, the start of 'cross season, the arrival of all the indoor stuff (trainers, rollers, etc) and all the outdoor stuff (tights, warmers, booties, etc) so there'll be plenty to do back @ Ye Olde Cool Bike Shop. The Fun-Raiser Ride Series starts back up, the weekly rides continue 'til the end of this montth and then we'll fire up the Crazy Bastard Ride machine! Hoo-BOY, I better get my weary ass HOME!

....and that's just what I'm gonna do. Talk to you later, MC

No comments: