Monday, July 20, 2009

el WEEKEND GRANDE'!!!

WOW! I gotta tell ya - big weekends aren't egg-zac-lee all that unusual 'round here but this past one..........whew! Lemme tug on yer coat* about it a sec.........

Saturday was the 35th Annual Holland Hundred Tour. The shop and I were both up to our arses in this - I was on the committee since Day One and we were committed to provide a SAG Wagon all day too. Friday nioght we had early registration here @ the shop and that was a zoo w/ a capital "Z"......roughly 28 bazillion gazillion folks crammed in here all evening, signing up, buying t-shirts, buying other stuff........fun! We had a pre-ride bash 'cross the street @ the brewery too so that was cool. It was cool and wet all night and that didn't bode well.

Saturday dawned (I know - I was up @ 4:30) kinda cloudy and I was sort of worried about the weather. We had nearly 780 riders pre-registered so we were kinda expecting 1200 or so but I was afraid the weather might keep some local riders in the sack. It stayed dry all day and was actually pretty damn perfect for a long ride.......temps in the high 60's/low 70's range, no humidity, some sun,. some clouds. There was a nasty headwind for part of the day but whatterya gonna do? I was on site before 6:00 and there til 6:30pm. By then over 1250 riders had enjoyed a helluva day. I was WAY glad to have that day behind me!

Sunday was "recover from the HH day" for me and i had the perfect plan - spend all day sitting in the sun and listening to bluegrass and folk music @ the first ever Green Food - Blue Grass fest out @ Felt Mansion. My fav band from my "youth" (okay - mid to late 20's) was playing their 1st gig in the area since the early 80's! Cabbage Crik has a lot to answer for 'cuz w/out them there'd be no Last Call Band! It was great and I.Did. Nothing. all dang day.

'twas grand it was!

Okay - now iot's time ot get all the Bike Room stuff worked out for the JDRF Rides! No more "I can't deal w/ that 'til after the HH!" Jeremy's off to KC on his own 'cuz I gotta gig then a big crew to VT and then just me to Montana. That covers the next 7 weeks - then we have time to catch our collective breath 'afore Death Valley.

Guess I oughta get after it, huh?

later, MC

No comments: