Friday, September 25, 2009

INTERBIKE WRAP-UP....AND THEY'RE OFF!

So - as of this writing (err....typing, I guess) it's mid-afternoon here in the good ol' EST so it's been nearly 1/2 of a day since I was last in Vegas. We got up-n-at'em yesterday bright and early again, packed up, checked outta our room, grabbed breakfast and headed over to the Expo Center for the final round. Lotsa appointments + a Tech Service seminar for the Berg meant a full day of looking at my watch and making sure that we were where we needed to be. I met w/ the Electra guys - lotsa WAY COOL retro-styled city bikes there! They've gone bull-goose crazy w/ all the retro-esque parts too...if you need a pair of classic looking large flange hubs or a faithful copy of a TA crank - they got'cha cvered!

After that I roamed a bit - checking out 2XU's compression wear, lotsa fast-looking carbon wheels and all the related coolness. Then I hooked back up w/ JB and we headed over to the DeVinci Tandem booth. Not sure what'll happen here frankly but it'd safe to say that we were intrigued w/ their unique independent pedaling set-up! I need to ride one! from there 'twas Terry, Salsa and a few others and before we knew it the show was closing for the day. From there we wandered the corridors of the Venetian looking for the uber-hip club called "Lavo" where the Cervelo party was being held. After we found it (and convinced the platoon of bouncers that we were on the level we went in and spent 45 minutes tryin' to get through the crush of people so we could actually SEE the bikes. (The S1 looks awesome, by the way!) As you oughta know by now - hangin' w/ the Beautiful People in trendy clubs is not exactly my thing so hopefully they'll excuse us for sneaking out in the middle of the "presentation ". (Couldn't hear or understand it anyways).

So - that was that. Another Interbike Show. I have no idea how many that makes for me.....15? HellifIknow. 'Twas a good one - not a lot of $ wasted on nonsense stuff that no one will ever ride. Given the current trend towards practical real world bikes there's renewed hop that we won't go back to the days of concept bikes and silliness of that sort we grabbed dinner, then a cab, then a plane, then breakfast, then another plane, then a shuttle and then I dropped Jeremy off @ his place and headed down here to the shop.

And here I be.

Here's what's most likely to happen as a result of what we heard and saw this year:

Salsa bikes and frames in stock - especially the 29er ATB's

Castelli clothing back in the house!

2XU compression gear.

At least one new shoe company.

VCC socks, caps and m-a-y-b-e a new jersey design!

There's more, but I've been up now since 6:00am yesterday so I beg your forgiveness if I left something out. Feel free to swing by the shop to hear tall tales and outright bald faced lies!

MC Weary

No comments: