Monday, September 01, 2008

"Turn out the lights.....the party's over"

Thank you Dandy Don! (Don't get that?.........Guess I'm showin' my age!")


It's kinda like bein' in the circus.......the tents are comin' down, the riders are homeward bound, I said my goodbyes (more like "see you in a coupla weeks") to Trish-n-Aly and I'm outta here in a couple hours. The Bike Room is back to being 'The Glacier Room", a sterile, boring conference room w/ those adjustable walls. Hell..........for the last week it's kinda been the heart of the Ride, the one place staff, riders and family could hang out, connect and shoot the bull. That might have been the high point of the Glacier Room's whole life, 'cuz the Bike Room will be back in the old location next time.

Time to go home, see my other family(s). Lin and Sam are en route from NY as we speak, gonna meet me @ the airport. Katie Jo's holdin' down the fort @ home w/ the dawgs. Ted's on his way home from Brian Head UT and the rest of the shopfolk are enjoying their day off and coming to terms w/ the whole "end of summer" thing, hopefully. I'm anxious to get ODRAM done, then focus on the next trip out here, then Interbike. September will be full-n-fine!

Later, gotta pack and all that crap.
MC

No comments: