Monday, June 02, 2008

Wow! Whatta Weekend!

You know - every once in awhile a weekend comes along that's off-the-hook even by my standards and it could be argued that this past weekend was one of those.........the MS Society's ride was in town so there were 800+ extra riders in town from Friday night 'til Late Sunday. We were open late both Fri and Sat nights offering on-the-spot repairs, lotsa snacks, specials, massage therapists and such and it was pretty much a full-tilt-boogie zoo! It's SO COOL having all those new faces inthe shop, hangin' out, eatin' cookies and talkin' bike talk. Ted and I were talkin' today that there needs to be a big tour through Holland at least once a week.

So....after all those extra hours for the tour Lin and I hosted the JDRF Team at our house for a ride and fajita bash on Sunday. We had a great turn-out...27 riders and probably 33 eaters. A greta time was had by all - but I was up to my ears in the ride and the food from 6:00 am 'til we finished cleaning up about 9:30. Needless to say I crashed hard after that!

still....whatta great week! I got out to Grattan for the weekly road race for the first time all seasonand had a blast. It was wicked fast (or at least seemed that way to me!) but I was pretty fat and happy inthe pack, jawin' w/ Jay, shootin' the shit w/ Surly and just hanging in, y'know? I had some left for the sprint and managed a 5th place finish. (Pretty sure I was #1 Olde Farte) One thing is for sure - I don't remember ever doing a Grattan race inMay where we averaged 24.o mph for 47 miles before! Man- it's gonna be a fast season out there!

The other rides this week were a blast too. I did the MCC ride on Monday Morning since it was the holiday, did the shop Tuesday Night Ride, and the Thursday Morning Recovery Ride as well. That rainstorm on Friday morn came along at just the right time...I needed a day off.

Now it's June. There's a ton of stuff comin' up - 2 more Team Rides, the Lumberjack 100, club rides and meetings, shop rides up the wazoo.......HooBoy!

I better go rest up!

See you out there!

No comments: