Friday, June 13, 2008

SABINE! SABINE! SABINE! SABINE!

One of my favorite books about music is "The Worst 100 Records in Rock and Roll". It's just that...a list and page or so about all the horrible stuff that's been recorded over the years. It's written by 2 music journalists and it's hilarious. (I can't find it, by the way....did I loan it to you?)

Anyway..........while tearing Billy Joel a new one (one of my favorite parts!) they say, in reference to his stupid "We Didn't Start the Fire" song", that "A list is not a lyric!"

Yeah......Lists.

I shoulda listened to my little inner man as I wrote that list of parents and babies a week or so ago. My L.I.M. was sayin' "You know damn well that you're gonna leave someone out! Don't do it! You fool!"

And so I did. I'm not surprised that I missed someone - (I AM kinda brain-dead, after all) - but I was sorta surprised that I managed to miss listing the Most Darling Sabine Adora Wilkins- Berghorst, her lovely mother Joy and her Rightfully-Proud Daddy-O Jeremy. (We call him 'Berger" 'round the shop)

Duh.

So..............welcome to the club Sabine -n -folks! Sorry again!

(Can I have my wallet back now Berger?)

On the Bike Life Front there's lots happening. I'm off to Sonoma CA in a week and a half to do Tech Support for the 1st JDRF Ride of the season. Then Ted goes to NY and VT to work the NORBA race circuit for the Kenda/Titus team. He's stoked and I don't blame him. The Holland Hundred is coming up too soon, the shop's rocking, the rides are huge, Grattan was fun again (except for Marshall nippin' me @ the line for 3rd!) and this time tomorrow I'll be deep into the Lumberjack 100.

Wish me luck, the forecast calls for pain!

MC

No comments: