Thursday, January 10, 2008

Just for Danielle!

The Big D sent me a note last week to the effect that, now that I was imortalized on her blog as a 'blog-bud" I had to write more often. I responded that if writing as much as she does was a requirement for Blog-Bud status I would hafta respectively decline.

We reached a compromise and this is the result.

There is a lot going on though, so it's not that I haven't got stuff to talk about........it's time that's the prob!

The Indoor Rides here @ the shop are gettin' outta control (in a good way!) and I wonder what we'll do if they continue to grow. We've had at least 2 new riders at each fo the last 3 and we're consistantly seeing 15+ at each workout! Man....2 years ago 8 was a big turnout! We're starting to have trouble finding room to store the bikes and trainers and Ted's all over my butt about gettin' them outta the shop so I gotta go to plan B, as soon as I figure out what that is! Still.....what a frickin' blast to look around the room @ 19-20 folks all sweatin' and huffin' and puffin'! Crazy!

The Ultimate Cycling Challenge teams are shaping up. We're doing 4........JDRF, Velo City, Macatawa Cycling Club and the Velo Valoe Vixens Tri Team. I'm gonna ride on the first 3, as I lack the aero bars, taste for neon and pair of X chromosomes for that last one! There's still room on all 4 teams.........get ahold of me @ the shop for the JDRF and MCC teams, Jeff for the VCC one and Jess for the Vixens.
mike@velo-citycycles.com
jeff@velo-citycycels.com
jessica@valeotraining.com

It's a blast...............24 hours of going nowhere fast! (As fast as yawanna anyhow) It takes place on 2/14-15 and you can get the big picture @ www.cteam4.com

Jeff is hard at work getting the schedule set for Velo Ventures and I'm way excited! 2008 is gonna be the year that we look back on years from now as the start of something very cool! On the menu is 4 days of road rides in GA in March, a Woman's Weekend in June, more road riding in Wis in July, the ODRAM in Sept and a trip (led by me-own-self) to the off-road Mecca of Moab and Fruita in late Oct! I 'm WAY excited about this deal! Watch for full details very soon!

The Crazy Bastard West rides ahve been dormant over the holidaze but wil be back 100% come next Tuesday.

We're doin' a "Special Sunday Super Suffer Session" this weekend. That means 3 hours on the trainer. Yee-HAW!

Ted and Jeff have been burnin' up the keyboards around here tryin' to get the inventory project done........the end is in sight!

Still looking for new Velo-Citizens................we have a part time winter/full time summer gig open in the shop and in sales. Talk to Ted for the wrench gig and me for the sales gig.

I'm chompin' at the bit to get the JDRF season underway. We're kinda in neutral while we wait for the National folks to get the schedule finalized so folks can officially register. Then the real work begins! We'll be sending teams to Whitefish MT and Death Valley again. It's about the coolest thing I've ever done and if you have any interest lemme know and we'll chat it up!

That oughta be enough for now. I'm on the cusp of starting a website re-do.......that'll be a hoot!
I need to ride more, but I'm starting to feel like I'm gettin' into the groove a bit, y'know?

I hope that you are too!

Later, MC

1 comment:

Danielle Musto said...

Awwww...thanks for the title. I feel special :-)

Hope you guys miss me at the shop. It's been what? 2 weeks since I've been there bugging you? Don't worry, I'll make up for it when I get home!