Monday, December 31, 2007

Boom!

Man, I hit the deck yesterday like a ton of bricks! Feeling it today fersure...............

We had a great ride from CD's crib down in Ham-ville, 7 riders, 2 hours and 25-ish miles of "seasonal roads". 5 total crashes, of which mine was the "best" (read: "worst"). Dang..these dirt/snow/ice rides are just as cool as it gets and I 'don't even know why!

(Story within a Story- I was sittin' @ the Sub Joint on Saturday, eatin' lunch, readin' the paper and positively wallowing in the fact that I had NOTHING planned for Sunday. An empty square on the calendar is rare enough......but a weekend? Way rare! At that very moment my phone rang and there was CD, lookin' to see if I wanted to ride. Which I did, as it turns out.)

We were on the way back, after hittin' some new-to-me dirt roads and I was next to M-2, talkin' about their upcoming new kid when all of a sudden I was on the deck. No warning, no time to think to myself "careful here, feels kinda slick", nothing. Just Boom and Ouch! Still............the ride was a blast and a great way to wrap up a great year! (FNG Ross went down twice and Tator once, just to make me feel better)

New Years Ride tomorrow.............I haven't missed one in at least 25 years and I ain't gonna start now. Hope some folks show up. (I think they will)

No NY Resolutions for me..............I prefer the "Kaizen" (spelling?) theory of "continuous improvement". Lots of work to do!

What a full year 2007 has been! It feels like we made some progress @ the shop.........there were lots of great rides, a couple of good races, lots of new folks.

I'll take it!

No comments: