Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Ouch!

Man, I crashed my brains out @ the 'cross race last Sunday! That's 2 races in a row where I've stacked it up......which probably matches my 'cross crash total. I'm tellin' myself that it's 'cuz I'm racin' harder and goin' for it....(whatever it takes, right?) but I'm pretty damn sore and the novelty has worn off for sure. I need to keep the rubber side down this Sunday @ Richmond Park!

Speakin' of this week's race................it's gonna be a hoot! My 'cross gang The Crazy Bastards are large and in charge and we're gonna raise the bar for Kiss Cross Races once and for all. A sound system, food, prizes, posters, a Podium Girl...it's gonna be an All Time Show Stopper!

(At least 'til the race here in Holland on 12/8 that is!)

Our good shop buddy and recent convert to the world of shaved legs and embrocation Dave Blandford nows holds the dubious distinction of being the first ever KissCross racer to suffer a broken bone. Two, actually. There he was.........chasin' his buddy Brian W in the C race @ Manhattan Park last weekend when a frickin' Chocolate Lab came outta nowhere and took him right out!

And that sucks, big time. So buddy Dave has a busted collarbone on his left side and a busted "signaling finger" on his right. He'll need 2, count 'em 2 surgeries and needless to say....his season is over w/ a capital "O".

(HIs bike's okay though, I know you were wondering)

Other than that, not much to report. The Tuesday Night Ride is pickin' up steam as we ride all those nasty-arse dirt roads out near the Allegan Woods. (We roll @ 6:30 - soon to be 6:00) from the Hamiilton Grocery store on M0-40. You'll need lights and at least a 'cross bike).

3 more 'cross races and that's pretty much it for the year. Given that the 1st race of the year was the Fisk Knob TT waaayy back in March, it's been a plenty long season and I'm feelin' it a bit. My off-season core workouts w/ Jess-the-Destroyer commence again tomorrow and the shop Indoor Training Rides kick off next week. (See also: No Rest for the Wicked!)

Still.............Bike Life continues to be a Fine Thing. Lots going on here @ the shop, lots of interest in the upcoming JDRF season and lots to do as we roll towards the winter. I gotta find some new Velo-Citizens, re-do various bits of the shop, do a buncha back-room kinda VCC stuff and plenty more. Before we know it it'll be Spring and the whole dang dance starts again!

I can't wait!

Be safe out there, ride lots, have fun, be good.

MC

No comments: