Monday, November 12, 2007

el Weekend Grande!

Man whatta cool weekend! I went up to the Iceman Race on Friday w/ good buds Doez, CD, Gid and Dan-the-semi-reformed-tri-guy. The race was a complete blast...........the course was in awesome shape, the weather was perfect and we started in the 6th wave which was great 'cuz the traffic in the tight spots wasn't an issue but there was always folks to chase and pass. I was happy w/ my ride 'cuz I was hopin' to break 2:20 and was in @ 2:14 and change. That was good for 28th outta 93 in my catagory. Danielle won the women's S/S class and most of my other buds had fun too.

It's a little bit of a drag that I had as much fun as I did 'cuz they're goin' to a lottery system to decide who gets to race next season and now I kinda care whether I get in or not!

I left after a coupla hours of post-race hangng out and headed home to make chili for the big Chili Chilly Ride scheduled for the next day. We had about 60 riders on a cool and kinda dreary day. The Cannondale Demo Truck was here for 3 hours and we ended up w/ 10 pots of chili along w/ plenty o/ beer and cookies and cornbread and such. A great time was had by all and fellowship was observed being had.

Things are still rockin' at the shop, despite the fact that we're deep into November at this point. I'm excited about being a Salsa dealer and a buncha frames and a few bikes will be rollin' in right after the first of the year. Sounds like a good excuse to declare a "Salsa Month" and have chips and a different salsa every day! The new Redlines are cool too and along w/ C-Dale and Gunnar and Co-Motion and Electra and Seven and m-a-y-b-e Niner.............I think we got it covered!

5 more 'cross races to be done over the next 4 weekends so the season isn't exactly slowing down either!

Man............BikeLife is soooo sweet these days! Good rides, cool bikes to be worked on and I love this time of the season when all our friends come by to hang and chat. We got a buncha new 'cross dvd's to play, indoor training rides start in 2 weeks, the big JDRF post-season party in tomorrow, the Tuesday Night Dirt Road Rides have begun, the First-Ever Danielle's Dirt Camp was a big hit, the Crazy Bastard Rides are rollin'..............................................

See what I mean!?

Want a taste? Come on by and sit a spell!

If you're lucky mebbe Ted'll wanna interview you for his Blog!

Or maybe that oughta be if you're not lucky!?

MC out

No comments: