Saturday, November 03, 2007

November!

Man, there's just a TON of stuff goin' on! It's so cool to sit here and write the Nov. newletter and be able to tell folks that there's still so much cool bike stuff (CBS?) to do and look forward to! There's a 'cross race on 5 of the next 6 weekends, the Iceman Race/Chili Chilly Ride double next weekend, a gig tonight, the first of several JDRF post-season parties on the 13th.........no let down, that's for damnsure!

Things are takin' shape here @ the shop for the "off-season" as well. The Tuesday Night Ride morphes into it's dirt road incarnation as of the 6th, Indoor Rides commence on the 28th, the Chili Chilly Ride is always a blow-out hoo-hah of a good time and the full load of cool new gear and bikes is rollin' in every day!

Some new stuff for '08 that I'm kinda excited about....I made a verbal committement to becoming a Salsa bike and frame dealer (We dig the Cassaroll fixie and the Mamasita 29r) and the next load of Redlines oughta be here soon. I think that the concept of a 29'r w/ a 1x9 drivetrain could easily become the hot set-up for trails in our area and both Salsa and Redline offer sweet set-ups like that outta the box. We are already lookin' forward to next Spring!

Still.............there's miles to go a'fore that happens! I'm gonna go and try to not suck @ The Iceman next week w/ some o' my best buds. I'll hafta hustle home after the race tpo get the chili on the stove 'cuz I'll hafta be here early on Sunday to meet the Cannondale Demo Truck when they show up here 3 hours before the ride on the 11th.

I haven't made a Crazy Bastard Ride for 2-3 weeks........lotsa travel, helpin' out @ the JDRF office on my day off, other reasons. I miss it like hell but I'm a little concerned that the ride's nature is changing into a 'training ride' as opposed to a group of guys that wanna ride together no matter the weather. What is it about rides? How come they get messed up when they reach a certain size? Why is it SO DAMN HARD TO KEEP a good ride togther?

More later, gotta go!

No comments: