Thursday, May 01, 2008

Is it true that Fillmore is just a bedroom community for Overisel?

Okay...that's a tad more "inside" than most of my less-than-serious statements. Just something that came outta my mouth as we were cruisin' through on the way back on this morning's ride.

And what a ride it was! Da've, Jan, "T.O.M." (The Other Mike), Ross, Franc, A-Ron, John-the-new-guy and I rolled away from the shop for the "Thursday Recovery Ride". We call it that 'cuz I promised our friend Jan T that she could ride w/us on Thursayd even thought her legs are usually achin' from some kinda death march hill workout she does on Wed. Works for me.......once I get back from out west I'll be racin' on Wed night so I'll be in pretty much the same boat.

Anyway...it was a terrific morning. A little windy to be sure - Hell, what ride this Spring hasn't been!?!? We rode out through Overisel and Fillmore then flew west w/ the wind and back into town on Lincoln. We lost Da've as we turned east on the way out...he had ridden in to ride /w us and was headed home... and we lost A-Ron and John as we got near town. "T.O.M." had to run but Franc, Ross, Jan and I headed over to Good Earth for a bagel.

Here's the thing..........................................I think that goin' for a ride in the morning w/ friends and then enjoying a bagel might well be the epitome of what I dig about cycling! Once again I was helpless to resist the temptation to look around and say (around a mouthful of sesame bagel) "Well, I think this is a very civilized way to start the day." If you've ridden w/ me in the morning the odds are that we've gone for a bagel and if we have...the odds are you've heard me say that. Hell - If you've ridden w/ me 4 times you've heard me say that 4 times! (Sorry 'bout that).

Still................there 'tis.

Lots goin' on...........trying to get the new website figured out. My e-mails been fouled up since we switched over and that creeps me out way too much. I tried to send out the May newsletter today but something went wrong and it went somewhere other than to everyone's inbox.

(I hate this crap!)

(How weird is it to bitch about computer-related crap on a BLOG, fer chrissakes!?!?!?!)

I have a bazillion things to do before I climb in the van and head west..........I'm trying real hard not to fall into that trap of wondering whether a week off is even worth it in light of the extra crap at either end. We have a JDRF ride on Sunday...that'll be the last thing I do before comin' home, unpackin' the van, re-packin' the van and heading out. By Monday evening Dennis and I will be in the Promised Land. A week of sun and rock later and we'll be back, like it never happened. (Hopefully by then all the web-weirdness will be settled out so I can go back to my Luddite ways.) I'm demoing a flashy new "2008.5" Cannondale Rize full-sus courtesy of my Main Man Jason so I'll be on a bike that I've never ridden. Again. Oh well...I haven't been on a mountainbike since Iceman so why not raise the stakes a bit more, huh?

So...........a couple more road rides and then a week of trails. Can't wait. I'll be thinking of you guys while I'm out there. I'll be thinking that I wish you were there....and that I'm glad I'm not here!

Later!
MC

No comments: