Monday, March 06, 2006

Yea though I walk through the valley..............

Oh my Gawd, it's every bit as bad as I imagined, if not worse. 9 lost souls spent way too much of their semi-nice Sunday confined within the walls of VCC World HQ, tryin' to implement the long-awaited and feared new computer system. What a drag. I wasn't at my best, given that I was up playin' music next door @ The Curragh the night before 'til long past my bedtime. Add that to the fact that I was dreadin' this whole project and......................well............let's just say that my leadership skills weren't exactly all they could be and leave it at that. So, among other things this is a semi-public apology to everyone that had to put up w/ me all damn day.
While I'm at it I oughta send out a big thank you to Chris, Doez, Mel, Lin, Sam, Tom, Da've, Ted, Max-the-dog for helpin out and to Katie for gettin the pizza.
We have miles to go, it'll be weeks if not months before we get a handle on this thing but we'll try to keep what it's doin' to our mood a secret. ( Let us know......gently......if we're starting to slip, okay?)

On the other hand...........the weather is flirtin' a bit, I heard numbers that started with 4's and 5's for high temps by later this week. I'm gonna try and get out tomorrow morning and roll the fixxie around a bit.

One thing we are WAY excited about here @ the shop is the birth of our own little private label bike line! Yup........we've been workin' on it off and on all winter and things are f-i-n-a-l-l-y officially rolling! Look for the first batch of frames bearing the Macatawa Cycle Works logo to be here in 6-7 weeks or so. The first model is a road frame set up for either fixed-gear or single-speed set ups called the Sofa King to celebrate our little home-grown Fixxie cult that we call "SoFA". ( The Society of Fixed-gear Advocates) The frames are being hand-built right across the lake by the craftspeople @ Waterford Bicycles. Hopefully this'll be the first of several frames that we cook up w/ these guys..........they build great frames under the Waterford and Gunnar lables and we're proud to be working w/ them! So basically what we're talkin' about here is a 100%-hand-built-in-the-USA frame for the price of a Surly! That rocks w/ a capital "R"! I can't wait to get mine. I'm gonna mothball my trusty Viner track bike that I bought in '86 and ride all the time as soon as I can get my paws on a Sofa King!

That's the big news. There's a Macatawa Cycling Club meeting tomorrow night..........we're going to try and get some goals set for the season. Anyone that cares about riding in this neck of the woods oughta be there!

Gotta go and make sure we have enough aspirin for the rest of the week. Hope I can keep Ted from killing me over this computer mess.

Wish me luck!

No comments: