Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Spring is in the air.

So..........you'd think I'd know better than to trust anything the weatherman'd say on TV. Don't you wish you had a job where you could be as wrong as often and still rack in the big bucks like those guys?! Anyway..........I fell for it and scheduled a special indoor ride for last Sunday, secure in the knowledge that my man Craig and his "Storm Team" posse were callin' for cold, crappy weather.

Yeah, right.

The worst thing is findin' yourself in the position of wakin' up on a February morn, peekin' out the window and thinking " Dammit! It's nice out!" How messed up is that?

I shoulda known better.

Still....we had a great workout, all 2 hours of it and I'm pretty confident that all 6 of us were pretty worked by the time ol' buddy Coach Troy f-i-n-a-l-l-y shut up. Thanks for the company, boyos.

Lots goin' on @ the shop. I just saw the '06 Pearl Fall/Winter line. There's an awesome wool jersey that we all dug and some new wind pieces that make ya wanna go out in what we usta call "Flemish" weather and hurt for awhile. We just got a small load of those sweet Castelli sweaters that they call the mechanic's sweater. Not sure I'd do a lotta wrenchin' in it, but it's way-stylin'. I'll be sendin' out the March Reader tomorrow or Thursday........gotta figure out a way to tie in the "Fun-Raiser" w/ St. Patty's Day. Maybe a "Sean Kelly Ride"? What would that be, exactly? you eat a lot of potatoes and abstain from sex for a month? What fun would that be? If anyone has any ideas...........hook me up!

Rach just about has her Seven on the road. As soon as she does mine officially becomes the second coolest lookin' ti road bike in town. Oh well...........at least my bike will still beat hers to the stop ahead sign!

Wanna see a cool shop that's so far away I don't mind telling you about it? My good friend Zac has his new project up-n-runnin' in Seattle. www.cascadebicyclestudio.com

Man, I really think it's gonna be an awesome season! There's so much good riding to do and so many cool folks to do it with and so many cool bikes to do it on!

I can't wait!

No comments: