Saturday, November 29, 2008

Off the Back Again!

Man! Here I am again, wonderin' how all those dedicated Blog-Meisters do it! It's just a lotta words man, y'know? Now...I gotta lotta words. I use 'em every day. All my jobs (shop, band, JDRF) involve words. I LOVE words! Everywhere I look there are books to read, websites to visit, magazines, newspapers...........!!!!!



Not to mention all those songs!



Too late - I mentioned 'em! How you could run outta song lyrics to dig? There are so many great songs! Holy crap!



Anyway - the point that I think I'm s-l-o-w-ly workin' myself around to here is that I think about writing stuff down a helluva lot more than I do it. Aside from minor issues like talent and work ethic that might be the major difference 'tween writer-hacks like me and real writers like my friend Heather. You read her stuff and you go "Oh, that's what it's supposed to be like!" On her Blog she writes about how writing can be like cycling. She's a lot smarter'n me so I'll take her word for it but I'm secretly suspicious.



It's been a good coupla weeks......the Yoga for Cyclist classes have been well received and that's cool. I like it when New Stuff works out. We've had a steady 10-11 "students" (Acolytes? Practitioners?) and some new faces each night. The class pretty much hands me my ass and remonds me that I'm way fatter than I oughta be. Heather (a different one!) says that steady attendance @ the class will pay off - once again here we have a situation where a person named Heather is smarter'n me (I sense a trend!) so I'll go along. One issue is the timing.....Yoga Class is a mere 11 hours prior to my weekly torture session w/ The Queen of Pain, my trainer. (AKA Jessica). I'm still kinda sore when I get up on Wed morning for Yoga and then there's an hour of core work and such. Oof. It's a good thing that I hate being out of shape more than I do getting into shape!



The 'cross season is drawing to a close. I did 3 races in as many weekends, there's a week off now and then 2 more in December. The State Championships are next Sunday and then we host the KissCross Season Finale on the 14th. I'm gonna finish out the season on the fixxie........it's not slowing me down at all (like I need any help doing that!) and I'm kinda diggin' it. I've had 2 okay and one shitty race so far - but I crashed last week on the last friggin' lap and I'm still whining about it. (Tore a nice chunk outta my hip - waaa waaa). Damn - I love everything about 'cross! The weather, the bikes, the vibe, embrocation, the cowbells.......!!!! It rocks! I just gotta figure out not to suck at it so bad.



So. December. Christmas. New Years. All that stuff. I dig it. It's gonna be a good month @ the end of a good year. Let's keep riding, shall we?



As my friend Baber would say.............."Peace Out!"

No comments: