Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Bike-ma bites back hard!

"Karma" - n. 1. Buddhism and Hinduism the totality of one's acts in each state of one's existence. 2. loosely, fate.

"Bike-ma" - the same thing, but in the saddle.

So it's a beautiful day in early November and J2 and I are takin' advantage of it. Shorts and short sleeves! In November in Michigan! You gotta grab that, am I right? Anyway...we're rollin' south and I decide that it's my solemn duty to give good buddy Ross some crap 'cuz he's at work and we're not. (After all -what are friends for?) So I send him a text message. (Yes - while I was riding....I know it's dumb)

"Hey! J2 and I are rolling south and you're not!" Or words to that effect.

He responds right away. (I knew he would) "Bite me! I haven't seen the sun for 3 days!"

Touched and feeling emotional I respond "Don't feel too bad, there's a little headwind and the sun is really bright in my eyes!" (I'm a softie, huh?)

As I hit "send" I feel something wrong w/ my bike. Shit. Flat tire. We pull obver and I pull a sheet metal screw 3/4" long outta my rear tire.

Bike-ma.

Still....'twas a great ride, 40 miles or so w/ J2 as company is about as good as it gets. Sorry you missed it Ross ol' buddy!

Big weekend comin' up - Iceman on Saturday and Chili Chilly Ride on Sunday! YEE-Haa! Then 4 more 'cross races in the next 5 weeksens, then another Fun-Raiser and then it's frickin' Christmas and then it's New Years and then...............well, there's lots goin' on, that's all I'm saying.

Be well, ride lots, stay safe!
MC

No comments: