Friday, October 24, 2008

What a difference a week makes!

Last Friday's Ride (10/17) - Furnace Creek Ranch to Golden Canyon and Zabriseke Point, Death Valley. 15 miles. 90 degrees. 100% sunshine. S/S jersey, bibs, summer shoes. gloves etc. Sat @ the Point w/ about 50 other riders and about 300 Euro-Tourists.

Today's Ride (10/24) - From the shop out to Gilligan Lake via South Shore Drive and 66th. 45 degrees. Steady rain. Wool baselayer, Thermal jersey, knickers, winter shoes, thermal gloves, winter socks. Got to the bagel shop mildly hypothermic - sat there shivering and dripping - still chilled an hour later. 3 compadres.

I think I prefer Death Valley. In fact, I wish I was there right now, rolling out bound for Jubilee Pass or Scotty's Castle and surrounded by my buds. Sounds pretty much perfect to this boy. Next year I wanna stay out there for a day or two after the Ride - I've been there 4 times now and have basically seen the same damn 53 miles 8 times. I'm guessin' that since it's the biggest National Park outside of Alaska (where you can see Russia from your house) there might be more to see.

Until.............guess I'll ride around here. not a thing wrong w/ that!

Let's go, huh?

No comments: