Wednesday, August 27, 2008

JDRF Ride, Take 3

So. Whitefish MT again. 4th time in the last 3 seasons. I'll be back here in 2 weeks too. This time I have my "Bike Room Guy" hat on....which means that 'tween now and friday morning I have 150 bikes to get ready for the weekend. It's not as full-tilt-boogie-crazy as that sounds since a decent majority of them are packed in the trailer of that semi that's sittin' in the parking lot and will just need a gentle goin' over. (Hopefully!)

There are a bunch en route via DHL, FedEx and such and they'll need more work.

The Ride is Saturday, then I'll have until Monday noon to reverse all the work and get them headed off back to wherever it is that their riders hail from.

It's awesome here at the edge of the Rockies-it's cold enough after dark that we needed fleece jackets just to sit around the "fire" pit behind the lodge. (It's a bunch of gas jets surrounded by a pile of big rocks.) I brought some cool temp riding gear but I'm gonna give it a while to warm up before I head out for a spin.

I can't wait to tap into the whole JDRF Vibe that keeps me comin' back for more.....I reckon that'll start to be more apparent as more staff and riders arrive over the next 2 days. I love being involved in this program and as long as they keep asking me...........I'm in!

I'll keep you posted! MC

2 comments:

John said...

Did the fire pit gas jets loosen up your sore muscles? Have a blast out there MC!

Barry Falcon said...

Mike- JDRF Ride #4 coming up and I'll be there to enjoy every bit of your support and also eat too much. What you do for JDRF is outstanding and there is no dolar amount that can be associated with your efforts. As a rider of 12 rides so far, going for the full deal of 5 this year I hope to share stories with you from every city.
Thanks for all you do.
Barry Falcon, Atlanta, GA