Saturday, August 23, 2008

Damn! Did it again!

When am I ever gonna learn? The LAST time I included a list in a blog post (and I guar-an-damn-tee it WILL be the last time!) I left someone out and then I had to post an apology. Now - the fact that said apology gave me an opportunity to take a gratuitis shot at Billy Joel eased the pain somewhat but still....................it was still an apology.

So. With that said allow me to state, with all appropriate humbleness and shame, that Da've Pa've was ALSO amongst the fallen after our little pavement-kissin' party @ Grattan last Wednesday.

That's D-A-'-V-E P-A-'-V-E.

Aka Dave Page, soon to be ex-Velo Citizen, Grand Valley student of no small aclaim, bartender of distinction @ the Lakeshore's coolest brewery (You can tell 'cuz they like to have Last Call play there).

Yep.......THAT Da've Pa've.

He of the fast hair, smooth pedal stroke and lightning black Cannondale.

He of the goats.

He of the "married to Linda".

He of the "Lives on the MNR route".

Yep. THAT guy!

He was there. Racing. In a VCC jersey. There, at Grattan. On August 20, 2008. I saw him myself. Right there next to me in the peloton. Not at the back. Not off the back. Off the front for a bit, as a matter of fact. Yep, 'twas him.

Allow me to be perfectly clear and on the record. He was there.

I missed him.

'Twas my bad.

No more lists.

Billy Joel still sucks and "We didn't start the Fire" is a crap song.

There, I feel better.

MC Listmeister

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Twas true, I was indeed there.
Da've