Sunday, February 10, 2008

Damn....no ride today!

As I sit here @ my desk it is Full-On Winter out there. We've had a real one this year......lotsa school closings, dire warnings from the talking heads on the news, plenty of snow and weather in general. We had the Feb Fun-Raiser scheduled for today and I was lookin' forward to it all week, even as the forecast degenerated day by day. "High temp of 8 degrees" "Wind gusts of 30-45 mph" "Wind chills of 25-30 below" and such like. Still............I got up this morning and whipped up a big pot of tortilla soup in anticipation of a small-but-hardy turnout.

Then the phone calls began.

"Dude..are you watching TV?" That was Jeff, who must not know me very well or he would've know that it's pretty much NPR 'round our house when I'm in the kitchen. "Nope" says I. "Well...the cops are asking folks not to travel and everything's pretty much closed."

Damn.

We've never called off a Fun-Raiser Ride before. NEVER! But...in the interest of being good citizens I decided that there oughta be a first time and so...........here I am down at the shop so I can spread the word. (I will admit that my ride down here was grim............and the ride home's gonna be worse)

So................maybe I'll cancel the Indoor Ride scheduled for the 24th and we'll try again.

Stop by the shop next week..............we'll have some soup for you!

Other than that..................the Ultimate Challenge is next weekend, we have a big JDRF Kick-Off party on the 17th, our Big Sale was kinda fun the last couple days, we oughta have the Velo Ventures brochures in our hands this coming week, cool stuff from Co-Moti0n, Salsa, Twin 6, Redline, Cannondale and more keeps pouring in the back door.............I can't wait for the weather to break!

It's gonna be a hoot!

later, MC

No comments: