Thursday, May 18, 2006

Pineapple Bob a-comin' !! HOOOOboy!

Okay, just got back from layin' out the route for Sunday's ride............I think it's a good'un. Lots of gravel still out there in S.E. Allegan County, you just gotta look for it. If it's windy there's gonna be some l-o-n-g stretches...........but whatterya gonna do? I don't have the exact distance 'cuz I was backtrackin' some, call it 42K. ( 25-ish miles for you English types) The weather forecast isn't bad and maybe we're gettin' to the end of this weather pattern finally. We got rained on last night @ Grattan but the track didn't get all greasy-like as it's done in the past and everyone stayed upright, in our race anyways. I hope we have a good turnout for the ride.......and I hope there's some good salsas and dips for post-ride feasting. Yum-yum!

Still no Sofa King frames! Arraagghh! I talked to Richard @ Waterford a couple days ago and he was still waiting for the powder=coat dudes to get their heads out and ship them. Soon......soon.

Crazy busy @ the shop, Ted and Lee are really humpin' it tryin' to keep up w/ all the repairs and builds. Can't even imagine life @ VCC w/out those 2 dudes. (Don't tell them I said that!)

Tuesday night rides are going well. We're getting 9-10 riders down @ Yankee and had 16 for the road ride this week. When are we going to see you, hmmmm?

It's Nat'l Bike-to-Work Week and I've only ridden to work once so far! That's lame. It's interesting that I pretty much ride every day unless I have after work riding plans, huh? ("That's ironic if ya like that sorta thing!" Name that movie quote first via e-mail and win a prize!) velocity587@hotmail.com

The new Velo City and S.o.F.A. t-shirts are in! Bitchin' too!

Ted and Rach have birthdays this month, feel free to bring them cookies or cake.

Next week: Why it's called "Pineapple Bob"

Gotta go............be safe, ride lots, have fun.

No comments: