Monday, September 21, 2009

MORE FROM DAY ONE OF INTERBIKE...

Misc stuff I learned from the Outdoor Demo today:

SRAM over Shimano ( No surprise there)

29" wheels over 26" (That's new!)

Castelli's new bibs w/ virtually no seams (okay - maybe 2) look awesome and I'm gonna hafta try a pair.

Every bike I rode today had hydraulic disc brakes but I still prefer mechanicals. (Sorry!)

Other than that - not much new to see there today, or at least not that I saw. Tomorrow we do the Tour of Lake Meade first thing in the am (you literally coast about 13 miles down into the Lake Mead National Park and then climb back to Boulder City.) and then I'm gonna try to get some time on a few more bikes. I wanna ride that super-crazy-light (16 lbs!!!!) Cannondale hardtail, do another lap on the Big Mama (to make sure) and a lap on the Dos Niner from Salsa too. If I'm still riding @ 3:00pm I'll be amazed, 'cuz I'm plenty tired right now and last year that ride up from Lake Meade pretty much handed me my ass. But - I'll try. For you. It's the least I can do. I wanna ride some road bikes too - and that's not quite as draining as the singletrack.

Stay tuned - there are still 3 days to go!

MC

No comments: