Friday, January 19, 2007

KIT CITY BAY-BEE!!!!!!

Well, the long-awaited day is here and so are the brand-spankin'-new VCC kits! Man, we've been waitin' for-frickin'-ever for this stuff seems like! My pulse rate was up as I opened the box...........what if I didn' like 'em, how bad would that suck?

No worries................the jerseys rock, the bibs are prime-o-licious and the arm-warmers are...........................well.............................let's just say they finish off the kit just exactly right.

Can't wait to be seen sportin' it!

Lots' going on. Seems weird to not have had a Fun-Raiser for so long but there's one comin' up on 2/11. We had the first Special Sunday Super Suffer Session last week, there were 9 hapless souls here for 90 minutes of Coach Troy nonsense. Big fun!

We had a huge turnout for the JDRF kick Off Party last week as well. I think we're gonna have a big team full of cool people. It never fails to mess w/ me when I have a sec to contemplate just how awesome a program this is! I feel awfully fortunate to be able to be a part of it and that's no jive. I have a ton of stuff to do to get ready for the year, training manuals, training plans, ride schedules..........man, I better get on it!
(By the way.....if you are wondering what I'm talkin 'about here, check out ride.jdrf.org for the scoop on a very cool way to ride your bike and make a difference @ the same time.)

The Crazy Bastard Rides are more fun every week, it seems like it gets more fun as the conditions get "crazier"! Go figure! Check out the website @ cbcross.com but be warned.....they can be surly! Consider yourself warned.

The shop is rocking, at least for January. Lots of new bikes to build including a gorgeous new Co-Motion tandem, Cannondale 29'ers, lotsa road bikes, the way-cool Amsterdam town machine from Electra and lots more.

The indoor training rides are rocking like never before. We've had as many as 14 people lined up drippin' sweat on our sweet new shop tile floor and stinkin' up the joint. Wanna join us? C'mon down! 8:00 wed night and Sat mornings and the more the merrier.

I'm glad we're gettin 'some winter, even if I'm not doing much skiing these days. It was kinda cool being able to ride outside w/out 500 bux worth of gear, and I rode the first 16 days of the year, but I still like a bit o' winter, y'know? Still..........I'll be ready for Spring in a month or so.

The big exciting news 'round here s our 100% RE-VAMPED WEBSITE! by the end of the month it'll be up and rocking w/ new words, new pix, fun stuff and the ability for you s\to sit @ home in your PJ's (maybe like right now) and satisfy your hunger for VCC stuff right then and there. How cool is that?
Okay, gotta go, time to meet the 2 bee-yoo-ti-ful ladies in my life for dinner. Lucky me!

Thanks for reading, thanks for caring or at least being curious (or maybe bored!)

Later............MC

No comments: