Sunday, April 02, 2006

Oh yeah......that's why!

Gonna let'cha in on a little secret here.......the bike biz gig is not a blast 100% of the time. I know, I know........you're shocked to hear it and I'm sorry to be the one to harsh your mellow...............but 'tis true. Sometimes it's just a job, and once-in-awhile it's kind of a drag. Now, don't take this the wrong way.......short of leading tours in the desert for super models and bikini teams there's nothing I'd rather do for a living and no one I'd rather do it with.........but still..............sometimes it's less-than-great. There were a couple times like that this past week....we lost a Velo-Citizen to the realities of life-n-such and that's always a drag. ( See ya Drew. Ride on!) I didn't get as much riding in as I want and need either and that's always an issue. Not a crappy week, just not a great one, y'know?
That's why it was so cool to fire up my old steam-powered computer here @ home and find, after waiting the obligatory 20 minutes for it to warm up and tell me how many viruses it's contaminated with, a great little e-mail from a young lady in France who just wanted to thank us for helping her pick out the Bianchi Volpe that she's riding all along the coast. Just kinda wiped all that other whiny crap right off the screen! Thanks Callista!
Not to bust all mushy on ya'll..but that is the point of the whole exercise and I think I can speak for all the Velo-Cits when I say thanks to everyone that's ever made VCC part of their cycling life. We are much obliged and truly do appreciate it!

Off to meet Dennis @ Yankee Springs in an hour or so. We've known each other for years but this'll be the first time we ride together! I'm kinda excited about that. There's tons of stuff going on....the Monday Night Ride and the Saturday Sprint Ride both start this coming week, there's a Fun-Raiser next Sunday, the JDRF rides start this month...........man! It's gonna be a great season and I can't wait. Just gotta remember whereinthehell I left my fitness, I haven't been able to find it anywhere!

I sent out the newsletter yesterday, if you don't get one e-mail me (velocity587@hotmail.com) and I'll get'cha on the list. It'll be archived on both websites too.

Gotta go! Ride lots, ride safe, ride happy!

No comments: